Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Real Men series.

I am not what I would call an image of true "Biblical Manhood." Some have argued differently, but I tend to feel like I have far too much left to learn to be considered a "Biblical man". I have, however, been privileged to know many Godly men in my short 21 years. My father, my pastors, and some of the elders at my church whom I know well, have all given me amazing examples of what it means to be a Godly man.

I am striving, with all that is in me, to one day achieve the status of Biblical manhood that so many before me have reached. I want to be a shining example to young men around me, as they were to me as I was coming of age. Now that I’m a senior in college, I am coming to terms quickly with the fact that I have quite a ways to go in my journey, and that the time for maturity is now.

So that is what has led me here today. I have decided, as my first installment in this blog, to write a series of short pieces on Biblical manhood, entitling them the "Real Men" series. Among some of the blogs you will read are:

Real men don't flirt.

Real men aren't afraid to work.

Real men honor women.

Real men have discipline.

Real men have accountability.

Real men don't wear pink. (men should be men)

Real men burn their little black book.

In this first installment, I will simply address the fact that there is a lack of Biblical manhood today, and we will question together why men today, especially in the church, are falling short of the things God has for them.

It should be an interesting journey, because half of these are things I'm going to have to work on in my life before I can tell you to do them in yours. (I don't want to write on discipline!)

So hang on tight everybody, this could get really interesting...

John 3:30

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment